CourSys is a system for managing course assignments and grades. It also contains modules for Advisor note-taking and Grad Administration. It is available at http://courses.cs.sfu.ca .
- Assignment submission server
- Students can submit assignments to CourSys
- Dates and times of assignment submission are tracked
- Grade management
- Assignments can be graded.
- CourSys will distribute assignment grades to students via e-mail.
- Advisor Portal
- Advisors can add and view notes on student records
- Advisors can track student visits
- TA and RA management
- Both TAs and RAs can be managed, including contract generation, financial summaries, and more
- Grad Student management
- Grad students can be tracked, including their program changes, etc.
- Reports can be created by the developers and viewed here by users
- Online Forms
- Departments can add forms for their students (e.g. application forms, waiver forms, etc)
- Forms can be assigned to various people, approved or denied, etc
- Form history remains so we can see old forms and their data
- Faculty Management
- Faculty can be added, removed, moved to emeritus
- Various faculty events can be logged and tracked (promotions, study leaves, etc)
- Faculty job positions and candidates can be tracked
- Discipline case management
- Discipline cases can be tracked, and can be reviewed by the correct people
- Course Browser
- A way more efficient course browser than the SIMS one (and it's open to all)
- How do I create a course?
- Screencast 1: Creating and Configuring a Course
- Setting a Course Homepage
- Adding a TA
- Copying Data From a Previous Course
CourSys' development environment lives at http://coffee.fas.sfu.ca - which just redirects to here.
- Code Browser
- Automated Builds
- Latest Build (Demo) - Any change committed to the code will update the Demo server. This will also clear all of the test data. May be unstable, as it is working off the live development branch (master).
- Current Capstone Project