Surviving Group Work
- It's tough but necessary.
- Familiarize yourself with the Tuckman model of group/team development: Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing, Adjourning.
- A rocky start is to be expected.
- Deep breaths and good communication is the key. And speaking of communication, did you know that we remember :
- 10% of what we read
- 20% of what we hear
- 30% of what we see
- 50% of what we both see and hear
- 70% of what we say
- 95% of what we learn while talking and interacting
- Look into purchasing the Glen Parker Team Player Survey, http://www.glennparker.com/Products/instrument-parker-team-player-survey.html, this is an interesting insight into the strengths and weaknesses of your individual team player style.
- Check out SFU Sakai for collaborative work sites.
- Glasser,William http://thinkexist.com/quotes/william_glasser/