CourSys is a system for managing course assignments and grades. It also contains modules for Advisor note-taking and Grad Administration. It is available at http://courses.cs.sfu.ca .
- Assignment submission server
- Students can submit assignments to CourSys
- Dates and times of assignment submission are tracked
- Grade management
- Assignments can be graded.
- CourSys will distribute assignment grades to students via e-mail.
- Advisor Portal
- Advisors can add and view notes on student records
- Advisors can track student visits
- TA and RA management
- Both TAs and RAs can be managed, including contract generation, financial summaries, and more
- Grad Student management
- Grad students can be tracked, including their program changes, etc.
- Reports can be created by the developers and viewed here by users
- Online Forms
- Departments can add forms for their students (e.g. application forms, waiver forms, etc)
- Forms can be assigned to various people, approved or denied, etc
- Form history remains so we can see old forms and their data
- Faculty Management
- Faculty can be added, removed, moved to emeritus
- Various faculty events can be logged and tracked (promotions, study leaves, etc)
- Faculty job positions and candidates can be tracked
- Discipline case management
- Discipline cases can be tracked, and can be reviewed by the correct people
- Course Browser
- A way more efficient course browser than the SIMS one (and it's open to all)
CourSys' development environment lives at https://github.com/sfu-fas/coursys . All the latest information can be found there.